We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering or login, submitting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information that you provide when participating in any services offered by the Website.
- If you communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Data captured from the games you play on the Website or download from it and play on your computer. This includes device identifiers and location data as well as game events such as which levels have been completed, how long they took and how long you play the games for.
We may also collect the following information about your access to the Website, where available – your IP address, operating system and browser type – for the purposes of system administration, bug tracking, production of usage statistics and to trace misuse. Statistical data about our users does not identify any individual.
You are not obligated to accept cookies and you may change your browser settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. If you do disable cookies, certain services on this Website may not be available and may impair full use of its features. There are many sources of information about cookies and and disabling them, including: AllAboutCookies.org and AboutCookies.org. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
Security measures and potential international transfer of personal information
We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We ensure that those parties to whom we do transfer personal data comply with the same.
Disclosure and uses of personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device by gathering aggregate information about our users and using it to analyse the effectiveness and popularity of this Website
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and to consult you about the service we provide
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To improve future iterations of the games and also assess their educational impact. It may also be published in an anonymised and aggregated form as part of scientific papers.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we have obtained your consent to do so
- When we are required or authorised by law, court order, regulatory or governmental authority to disclose your personal data
- If required to protect the rights, property or safety of the Project, the University of Cambridge, their members or others.
Links to other websites
Third party cookies
The Website may have pages with embedded content from third parties such as social media sites, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or YouTube. Cookies generated by those sites are subject to their own privacy policies and are outside the control of the Project, the Cambridge University Engineering Department and the University of Cambridge. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to or use these websites.
Access to personal information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the ‘Data Controller’ for the processing of data collected by this Website is the University of Cambridge, and the point of subject access requests is the University Data Protection Officer (The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge CB2 1TN, tel. 01223 332320, fax 01223 332332, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last updated August 2013.