Copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website, including but not limited to text, images, artwork, data, data sets and other material (in whole or in part, the “Content”), the collection, arrangement, compilation, assembly and appearance of the Content (the “Compilation”) and the web delivery system and underlying software (the “Software”), are owned by the Project or by authors as indicated against the material and in Credits or are included in accordance with applicable law or third party consents.
Copyright © 2013-2016 i-want-to-study-engineering.org Cambridge University Engineering Department . Unless marked otherwise against specific material, the authors license use of their original content text posted on the Website under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you use the content on your site, please link back to i-want-to-study-engineering.org.
Website acceptable use policy
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, transmit, use or re-use any material through or to the Website that is false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or that infringes the rights of any person anywhere in the world and you waive any moral rights in respect of any such material
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website, any equipment or network on which the Website is stored, any Software used in the provision of the Website, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Your username and password
Where you are invited to register or login on the Website, you may be allocated with or may be asked to choose a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your Website account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your Website account. You agree to immediately notify the Project at the Cambridge University Engineering Department if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or Website account or any other breach of security. The Cambridge University Engineering Department cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
Unless stated otherwise, the Website may contain advice, opinions, statements or other information by various authors or organisations. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement or other information is at your risk and to the extent permitted by law the Cambridge University Engineering Department disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by your use of the Website or by anyone who may be informed of such information.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to third party websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not owned or controlled by the Cambridge University Engineering Department and it is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site. The inclusion of any link in the Website does not imply endorsement of any website or any association with its operators. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the privacy, copyright and terms and conditions posted at the Linked Sites.
Any trademarks or logos displayed on the Website are the registered and unregistered trademarks of their owners. Nothing contained in the Website shall be construed as a grant of any licence or right to use the trademarks displayed on the Website without the prior written permission of the owner/s.
The Website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis and to the extent permitted by law the Cambridge University Engineering Department excludes all warranties whether express or implied by law including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Cambridge University Engineering Department does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any Content or Compilation or otherwise on the Website or interruptions in the availability of the Website or any of its features or services.
In no event shall the Cambridge University Engineering Department be liable to any party for any of the following losses or damages (whether such losses be foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, loss suffered by third parties, any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of the Website or the Content or Compilation or Software or services provided by the Website whether or not amended by third parties and regardless of form of action. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit the liability of the Cambridge University Engineering Department for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.